Saturday, February 10, 2007

God and Me

One day, I sat down to relax. With my eyes closed, I started recollecting the events of my life. I wanted to know how my life has progressed so far. I was feeling tired of struggling- struggling for food, struggling for home, struggling for peace, struggling for my life. The tensions around me started building up the pressure and I decided to quit- my job, my relationship, my spirituality everything. I wanted to quit my life! I went to the woods to have one last talk with GOD.

"O mighty one!" I said.” Can you give me one good reason not to quit?" The blue sky got covered with clouds. And a white, pure light straightway came from the clouds and covered me. It was so relaxing. As if a father has embraced his child to protect him from all the worldly evils. I kept on staring the light until I heard a baritone voice addressing me. His answer surprised me. "My child, look around", GOD said. "Do you see the fern and the bamboo?" "Yes", I replied. "When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them. I gave them light. I gave them water. The fern quickly grew from the earth. Its brilliant green covered the floor. Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo. In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful. And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo." GOD said.
"In year three there was still nothing from the bamboo seed. But I would not quit. In year four, again, there was nothing from the bamboo see. I would not quit." GOD said. "Then, in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant. But just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall. It had spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive. I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle." GOD said to me.
"Did you know that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots?" "I would not quit on the bamboo. I will never quit on you." "Don't compare yourself to others." GOD said. "The bamboo had a different purpose than the fern. Yet they both make the forest beautiful." "Your time will come", GOD said to me. "You will rise high"
"How high should I rise?" I asked."How high will the bamboo rise?" GOD asked in return."As high as it can?" I questioned"Yes.” GOD said, "Give me glory by rising as high as you can."

Suddenly, the door bell rang, bringing me out of my slumber. I never realized when I fell asleep. It was hard to believe that I was actually dreaming. But, this dream was the most refreshing experience I ever had. It was me actually talking to GOD! O man!! I could not believe this. The experience can’t be explained in words. I am sharing this experience with you. I hope these words can help you realize that GOD will never give up on you. Remember, “A Diamond Is Just Another Coal Which Did Well Under Pressure.”

No comments: